Downstar - Boltless Brake Booster Delete Adapter
Boltless Brake Booster Delete Adapter
- Boltless Brake Booster Delete Adapter is designed for a manual brake setup
- All required hardware to mount the mc/adapter is included
- MUST add threadlock to rear studs (Loctite Red Threadlock recommended)
- Compatable with most Honda/Acura chassis
- Master cylinder not included
- Wilwood Master Cylinder 7/8 can be purchased at Summitracing.com ( http://www.summitracing.com/parts/wil-260-10374/overview/ )
How do the brakes feel without a booster?
We have had a booster delete kit on our company car for about a year now and have had no problem at all! It takes slightly more pressure to press the pedal, but the car stops almost the same as stock.
Does it feel like power brakes with the vacuum line disconnected?
Not at all! The factory master cylinder is designed to be used with a booster so when you lose vacuum, your brake pedal gets extremely hard to press. Many people say it feels the same as running a stock setup without the vacuum line hooked up, but I can tell you from personal experience that it feels much better than that.
Does the Downstar BBD Kit come with a pedal adapter?
No. You must use your stock clevis. All you have to do is tap your stock clevis to match the pitch of the Wilwood rod.
How do I run all my brakes from a single port master cylinder?
All you have to do is tee the line from the master cylinder to the front and rear ports on your Proportioning valve.
*Downstar Inc. insist that all brake components be installed by professionals. All products are intended for OFF ROAD USE only.
Product Code: BBBDA
We Also Recommend
Pro Car Innovations-Rear Spherical Toe Links (’92-’00 Civic, ’89-’01 Integra)
Pro Car Innovations- Rear Upper Camber Link – Race Spec (’88-’91 CRX, ’88-’00 Civic, ’89-’01 Integra)